Saturday, October 24, 2009

Inside Mickey's head

I now know how mice feel when confronted by my pack o'cats.
Heeding the silent alarm that rings when the bottom of their food bowl is sighted, all four of my cats made their way to my bedroom this morning.
It's not unusual (to be loved by anyone..ba da da da dum...) to find one or two of them in my room at any given moment. But all four? Together? Never.
And not only did they obviously make some pact, agreeing to let the others in at the same time, but they surrounded me. On my bed. Almost like they were..well..hunting me. Shudder.
I tried to reason with them. "Look", I said. "I'm going to the store. Really! And it's not as if you are all starving. It's been, what, a couple hours since you last ate?"
But they were not appeased. I could feel their hungry stares contemplating the fate of that soccer team in that mountain plane crash.
"There are four of us, and only ONE of her. Yeah, she's bigger. But there are FOUR of us to feed. It only makes sense!"
It was at this point that I reminded them that if I were no longer around, they would have to survive on icky, bad tasting mice.
They let me live...
for now......

No comments:

Post a Comment